Introduction to Investments & Savings
As Independent Financial Advisers we are able to research the whole market for the best value financial solutions and thereby construct comprehensive, diversified savings and investment portfolios designed to meet the individual requirements of each of our clients, be it for income or capital growth. The following provides the Chase Wealth Solutions introduction to investments and savings.
To do this we often recommend a selection of products:
- Deposit-based products where your capital is guaranteed
- Insurance bonds where you may choose an option to protect your capital
- Diversified portfolios of “Collectives” – Unit Trusts and Open-Ended Investment Companies
- Structured Products which provide clearly defined outcomes
- Other bespoke solutions tailored to your specific requirements
To provide you with the best possible advice our Investment Committee conducts a robust financial product selection process, only approving products we believe will be most advantageous for our clients. Only by thoroughly understanding the products can we communicate to clients all the potential benefits and risks involved in investing in the product.
We always undertake a full financial review with you to understand your circumstances, attitude to and tolerance to risk – see ‘How we work with you’.
Finally, keeping in touch with our clients is at the heart of our approach. This means regular valuations, reviews, advice of new solutions and making changes to plans when client circumstances change.
Investments for the more risk averse
With more and more people giving up on bank and building society deposit accounts we are increasingly being asked for alternatives – solutions which provide a relatively low level of risk, but the potential for higher returns than traditional deposit accounts.
- Protected products (where the product provider will offer protection for your initial investment) and
- Investments into lower-risk “Collectives”
- Structured Deposits (where the worst that can happen is that you only receive back the money you invested)
All these types of products offer the potential for returns above those available from traditional deposit accounts. Investments for the more risk averse - click here
Investments for the more adventurous
For clients prepared to take greater risk for the potential for greater gain, or who are able to invest for a long term before they need the funds, then more adventurous investments may be appropriate. These include:
- Investments into higher-volatility “Collectives”
- Structured Products
These types of products offer the potential for higher long-term returns but with the likelihood of greater volatility – larger gains and larger losses over the years.
With these types of investment past performance cannot guarantee future returns and the value of your investment can go down as well as up. It is possible you could end up with less than you originally invested.Investments for the more adventurous - click here